Covering the whole of East Sussex, Bridge Counselling offers a confidential, non-judgemental service within a safe environment, where the client can explore any issues they may wish to bring to counselling.
What is counselling and why it may benefit you?
The focus of counselling is not on diagnosis, but on the clients thoughts, feelings and behaviour. Counselling does not claim to be the answer to all human difficulties, but it can help us find our own answers with support and understanding. No problem is too big or too small. If something is bothering you, then it is worth sharing.
Change is fundamental to growth and development, but change doesn't just happen! Change often requires awareness of self and support by a counsellor. The counsellor will help you to explore at your own pace any areas that may be impacting on your life or that of those around you.
- Abuse - Physical, Verbal and Sexual (A specialist service in Domestic Abuse)
- Alcohol Dependency
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders/Depression
- Bereavement and Loss
- Obsessions and Phobias
- Eating Disorders/Body Image (A specailist service including the treatment of obesity)
- Shame and Guilt
- Stress Including Work Related Issues
- Financial Worries
- Confidence and Self Esteem
- Sexual Difficulties/Relationships
This list is not inclusive but rather an example of the issues covered.
Counselling can help you to:
- Develop greater insight and understanding of self and how you relate to other people.
- Identify, understand and build on your strengths and inner resources.
- Consider any changes you may wish to make in order to enhance your life and decide on how best to achieve these changes.
- Make the changes with the support of the therapeutic relationship with the counsellor.